Tuesday 23 June 2015

Review: Cadbury Marvellous Creations - Jelly Popping Candy

Hello!

Hope you are all doing great and enjoy my thoughts and comments on candy so far.

Today's review will part one of a three part series on the fairly new Cadbury Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations.
I will be reviewing the Jelly Popping Candy bar this time around. I started seeing these bars on the shelves around a year ago and was immediately intrigued. They have sort of a carnival themed packaging which really catches your eye on the shelves. The main differentiating ingredient pop out of a cannon on each package.

I have always been a fan of Dairy Milk bars, so I knew these bars would taste great. However I wondered if they would be able to pull off a popping effect inside of a jelly bean inside of the chocolate.

The bar itself has odd shaped segments with varying patterns. You are able to see some of the popping candy infused jelly beans through the chocolate but not too many. They are actually quite sparsely distributed through the chocolate bar, each square might contain one or maybe two if you are lucky. This makes the popping effect fairly minimal. You can definitely feel a bit of popping in your mouth, but not to the extent of a package of Pop Rocks. I wouldn't mind a bit more of the popping sensation. The milky chocolate is of course a great flavour.. melting away in your mouth. Classic Cadbury taste.

Overall I did enjoy this bar and would rate it a 3.5/5. I usually wouldn't reach for this bar at the store though, mostly because I prefer the Banana Caramel Crisp bar, which I will feature and review in the upcoming days.


-The Sweet Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment